Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tuesday night club

Last night was the usual hilly Tuesday nighter and I was feeling the left thigh bruise from my de-skewering at crosscamp. Al asked how I was and I said I was a bit tired from crosscamp, and he asks about it and Chown naturally pipes up saying it was actually a cross dressing camp and Ben didn't go because he couldn't accessorize.


The conversation went downhill from there when we were asking Ben about his racing schedule leading up to Worlds.


The ride was typical A group ride with the Juniors, since we have three very high quality junior riders in the club and they typically like to hammer the crap out of each other.


Unfortunately, some of us got dropped on the second hill out on Roland, but at least I was in good company with Rick, Al, and Dale, all of us in and around 50 worked well to at least not get gapped too much. We picked up B and C riders in droves and mostly they would sit on and then tail off if we picked up the pace at all.


I think I should have been a little more conservative at the start but I always seem to be testing myself these days.

No comments: