Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Cyclocross Bike



So it's been awhile and despite risking getting "cut" from the Niagara Crossers Cyclocross team by Chown,(because of his disdain for blogs), I figured I should document more of what I do for cross this year, if only for review of what works and what doesn't and to help stay motivated.



The big news I that I got rid of the Ridley, it is a great bike but it was a little too big for me and I never really got comfortable on the thing. The Kona is different, comfy from the first ride and that was with Chowns components and setup. I have it built up with how I like it. The bike is ridiculously light and while that wasn't the goal it just worked out that way.


I retired the Cannondale road bike and had this great BB30 Cannondale Hollowgram crankset, so that was a no brainer. Chown had some Record shifters which I bought for the Ridley. With the Centaur front and rear derailleur and Campy cockpit on both bikes, I can rock out on either bike.


This weekend we are going to the Cycle-Smart camp in MA, and we are looking forward to it. Just a skill refresher and a chance to learn some new things and since I don't really take vacations, sort of a change of pace for me.


We will report on the camp either during or when we get back!



No comments: