Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rochester weekend

Long time no update, but might as well get at it. We were up in the air as to what races to do, as we had Rochester Saturday, Sunday and Guelph on Sunday as part of the S-Cup series.


Long story short we decided to do both races in Rochester, the first day Aly had some of the women who would be racing in the UCI race so it was a good go for her. She rode to sixth and had a decent ride.


The next day she and Chris S, had a great race changing the lead a few times, each of them having a chain drop etc. Aly finished second and had a lot of fun racing. It was that whole thing of feeling like you have been in a race.


I ended up sixth both days, not sure how I really felt but it wasn't that great. I've felt faster and better in training so a little disappointed.


The good news is that Zander had fun in his ninja costume on Saturday and was interviewed by the race announcer on Sunday. I was just finishing up riding a section of the course and they were calling us over and Zander was answering questions about his career aspirations.


On the way over to the start though on Sunday I got stung bye a bee on my finger. Dang thing flew and got trapped underneath my glove and got me. My whole hand swelled up over the next couple of days.


In any case as mentioned it was fun.

No comments: