Sunday, October 9, 2011

No news is?

I'm not one of those people in the know or have an inside track as to information about Nationals, but given the time frame I'm not holding out much hope that any change will be made and that the venue will remain the same. We are less than a month away now so who knows. I'm likely going to give Nationals a pass if it remains the same. It doesn't make sense to pay $50 dollar premium to race on a $10 night time training course.


I'd suggest to people a boycott, but believe people should make up there own minds, but this is a sad state of affairs if this is the best we can offer the country.


I like a lot of the people we've met thru cross and always love to see people enjoying the sport and improving, working on their skills, having good days, bad days and just getting out and that is what it is all about. I'm not that good at cross, body type and aerobic capacity vs anaerobic it's not my thing. I'm better at longer road races. Certainly, that is where I had more success when in the Caribbean and certainly on the longer training rides. This all out for 45 mins doesn't suit my body type, but I love a lot of the people out there and really like the atmosphere. So I race against myself for the most part and have fun. The good thing is that technically I feel better on my bike than ever and have learned a lot.


I feel bad for a lot of people who were looking forward to Nationals. I hope it's not going to be a cluster fuck and it will likely be ok, but it's not worth 50 bucks for me and likely not worth the 950 for those traveling from other parts of the country.


In some ways I guess I should keep my mouth shut about things and I've contacted the proper channels, but nothing seems to be happening and well I don't like to keep things inside so, well there it is.

No comments: